Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well 2008 is over and we have started on 2009. Christmas was subdued, my mother's older sister died Dec 19 and we had the funeral on the 22nd. Since Mother died just a year earlier, it brought back some of that sadness also. We have informed their surviving sibling, my aunt Mackie, that under no circumstances may she die in December.

I closed the books for the Bookstore in the black, not much but enough to guarantee we continue for at least another year. We are a non-profit but you do have to have operating funds.

Fred is settling in well

and Bella has found a new place to nap:

Since I am going to need that mail tray in a couple of days I hope she gets tired of it!




3 comments:

Janna Barber said...

Look at Fred's big foot! Cute kitties. Great job at the store. We'll have to come see it next time we're in town.

Sherry said...

Been thinking about you all. Wish I could have been there for the funeral. I know what you mean about the sadness of NeNe's death coming back. I love you and miss you!

Sherry

Doubtful Muse said...

I'm glad you told Mackie she is not allowed to die in December. In fact, I have decided that no one is allowed to die in 2009. No one!